Sunday, October 02, 2005

Signs that the Babcia is feeling better

(I went to visit my Babcia this weekend; we went to the Eucharistic Adoration chapel at her parish and said rosaries together, then it was off to purchase some dry skin lotion, Dulcolax, and a gallon of chocolate milk, followed by a Friendly's luncheon.)

1. When we passed by the door of one of her elderly lady neighbors, Babcia commented on how nice the (male) scarecrow looked hanging there. Then she said: "Want me to introduce you to her? You're looking for a man, aren't you?"

2. She looked me in the eye as she shoved the last bite of her cheeseburger in her mouth at lunch, then snapped her fingers and said "Amen!"

3. After I finished reading the emergency information about her that's taped to her fridge so the EMTs know what's up if she goes down and can't tell them herself, she asked me what the sheets of paper said about her. I told her it described her medical condition in very scientific terms: It said she was a really old lady. She tried to whack with me her cane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home