Friday, December 23, 2005

Rejection

I'm having kind of a hard day today. First I locked my keys in the car and then I got let go from the freelance project I was working on. Couple that with the fact that large 'n fancy consulting firm will not be hiring me on for their next project, the whole stupid Potential Suitor fiasco, and the fact that the two new boys that contacted me on line have stopped writing and well, I am not feeling so hot about myself right now, like at all. I really don't get it. I seem to be the test case for how much rejection one person can take before crawling under a rock and dying.

The latest sayonara came from an educational company that was redesigning their web site and what happened was what I had worried would happen -- that the text I had written wasn't different enough. It was, according to the CEO, "lackluster," and they are going to take the writing in-house. The thing is, I was working with the CEO, trying to do what he wanted. In hindsight, what I should have done was -- oh, fuck, I don't know what I should have done. I just know that I feel really, really, really bad right now. Just sad and miserable. The one bright spot was Contagious, who was so nice on the phone when I called her at work, blubbering. I just.

I just don't know. This is, honest to God, the fourth see you later sister I've had in the past four years. I'm afraid that I'm lazy and not focused or ADD or, well, I just don't fucking know.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger K said...

You should call that tarot card reader I mentioned on Male Mannequin. Seriously - she is awesome. She will put it all in perspective and give you an idea of what direction to go in. I just had a reading today, and she basically mapped out 2006 for me, and knew everything that was on my mind before I even said a word. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you her info via Friendster. In the meantime, as my dad would say: "Don't let the turkeys get you down!"

10:17 PM, December 23, 2005

 
Blogger K said...

These corporate folks who find your writing "lackluster" obviously haven't read your blog. You are a fantastic storyteller and I enjoying reading McPolack, Inc. very much! And don't feel bad about Potential Suitor: that had nothing to do with you- he was a total moron! Better to find that out sooner than later, and he did all the work for you at the Christmas party, that bozo.

10:27 PM, December 23, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buck up. you know what you need?

some happy camper.

nah, i'm just kidding, but doesn't that package make you feel better?

11:09 PM, December 23, 2005

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I think you're awesome and I think these mean people suck rocks. Hang in there!

3:59 PM, December 24, 2005

 
Blogger Teri said...

lackluster shmackluster.

i heart mcpolack, inc.

xoxoxo

10:33 PM, December 24, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home