Thursday, January 26, 2006

I got flowers from a man!

But it's not what you think.

It's better.

I found a small datebook in the street in front of my house earlier. It had a lot of numbers and medicines carefully written on its pages. It also had a name, address, and telephone number. I called the telephone number at around 7:45 and the phone was answered by an elderly-sounding gentleman who called me an "angel" when I told him what I had and asked if he could stop by and pick it up.

One hour later, my doorbell rang, and sure enough it was a lovely elderly gentleman holding a beautiful bouquet of pink roses. I gave him the address book, he thanked me kindly, presented me with the flowers, and then slowly shuffled back to his car as I called out "Thank you! Be well!" after him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Noblesse Oblige, non?

12:18 PM, January 27, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

I love that!

10:49 PM, January 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home