Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ummmmmm...Okay........

So I'm jogging in Cambridge this morning, on Lakeview Ave, which connects Huron Ave (more of a commercial/residential street) to Brattle Street (one of the fanciest streets in Cambridge). I am essentially jogging in Rich People Land. And it's snowed last night and there's only room for one on the sidewalk and in front of me is an older gentleman walking 2 dogs. I jog out into the street to go around him and as I am jogging by I notice:

1. He is smiling at me
2. One of his dogs is a CORGI!

I loooooooooooove corgis. So I jogged over and we had the following conversation:

McP "Hi there! May I say hello to your corgi?"

Man: "Sure."

McP (feeling a bit bad) "Oh, and to the other pooch as well"

Man: "Actually, she can be a little nippy sometimes"

McP (bending down to scratch corgi under soft, soft chin) "Oh, okay."

McP (to Corgi) "Hi sweetie! Hi barky jones! You're the cutest! yes you are!"

Man: "That's Bailey Williamson. In a past life he was a soybean farmer from North Carolina but he got shot for makin' moonshine and came back as a corgi."

McP: (uh, what?) "Oh. Well, moonshining isn't such a big deal. I bet he's glad to come back as such a great dog."

Man: (pointing at Schnauzer) "This one was Cleopatra, and well, you know what happened with her and Marc Antony."

McP: "I can understand why she'd be a bit cranky. Well, gotta go. My name's McP, by the way. Nice to meet you."

Man: "I'm Tim. See you around the neighborhood!"

Only in Cambridge, my friends. Only in Cambridge.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Very cool! How old did he look? Perhaps he'd be a cute daddy type, or maybe he has a son for you. At any rate...
May I steal the past life bit? I think making things up for Buddy and Lady might help me score with the gents ;)

5:02 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

He looked to be about 60, I'd say. And he might have been a wee bit too far on the side of crazy. Buuuuut we'll see. You may certainly steal the past life bit, however. Anything to get you laid, my friend...

: )

6:18 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

Very cute.

I think my dog was Tim Buckley in a past life.

12:36 AM, January 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home