Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Light, light, light...and birdies

Had my second coaching call this morning. Interestingly enough my coach mentioned she'd had a vision of me surrounded in light (and tweeting birdies) during a meditation she'd done upon awakening. I had, just the night before, done a meditation where I imagined myself surrounded in light. No birdies, though.

I don't know. Part of me feels the need to counteract the laying bare of what I feel are my dorkier emotions and actions by saying something along the lines of "Oh, what a bunch of New Age caca."

But really, that caca has helped me out a lot. And I have a lot of respect for the woman who is coaching me. And I feel like she's in my life for a reason and the coaching has come to me for a reason. I certainly am discovering that I spend a LOT of time telling myself how much I suck. But I don't really suck at all.

So I've got affirmations stuck up in my living room, bedroom, and bathroom. And I'm meditating more. And taking myself out on dates. Saturday I went with myself to the Episcopal church thrift shop and then ate some Vietnamese spring rolls and a big bowl of pho whilst reading the Utne Reader. The only bad side of the date was that I was wearing a shirt that was too low cut and it made me uncomfortable to be out with me.

Luckily I had a sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I get what you mean about the temptation to write it all off as New Age caca. There is certainly lots of that out there, the caca. But you know in your gut when it's right, when it's working, and it sounds like you're into something good! Hooray!

One of my favorite things tacked up on the kitchen corkboard, a Quaker proverb:

Go as the way opens.

4:50 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Umm, ssp? Maybe you need to hit the refresh button on your computer. 'Cause there are like five posts above this one. I'm like a salad farmer and the blog posts are my lettuce heads. I'm always planting more.

4:33 PM, February 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home