Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's Done

I've taken myself off the last of the dating sites. Okay, I'm still on MySpace and there's one boy there I am talking to and meeting soon for coffee but I'm counting him more as a friend. I just haven't had much luck with the Web and I'm tired of it. I dread every date I go on, and it's like catalog shopping for men only there aren't any I want to buy and the ones I do either are bad for me or I can't afford them.

So. To celebrate I hung out with L tonight. She'd seen there was an open house at a cool craftspersons' school in the North End but when we got there it was more like an open walk-in closet. There was one wee room where they were displaying 1 violin, a dozen or so handmade books, three pieces of furniture, and some jewelry in glass cases. We went for a cannoli and a sfgliadelle then walked around some, spending time in Urban Outfitters where they had tshirts from our childhood and were planning DuranDuran but these things were of course marketed to people half our age, and then ate pizza and took a T/bus combo home. L paid for my pastry and pizza. She was a good date. And on a side note to McMumsy if she ever happens to read this: I'm still not gay, mom. None of your kids are gay. Sorry. Maybe one of the grandchildren will be.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home