Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote!

I did, for Deval Patrick. If he wins, he'll be the first African-American governer of Massachusetts. There was also an interesting question on the ballot, one that I was excited to see, and answer yes on, especially considering that today I listened to an interview with Ward Just, who talked about the lessons he learned from Vietnam, and what the point of all that blood was, and how there are so many parallels between Vietnam and Iraq that he can't even begin to count them. It's very upsetting to me and it should be to you, too. I wish I was more, I don't know, literate, I guess, on the issue, but I do feel like we're in there for no good reason at all and things just feel really wrong with this administration, more wrong than any other administration I've lived through, although, granted, I've only been old enough to vote since Clinton first took office.

The woman who checked me out after voting, an older woman, told me she had some ringing in her ears. I told her it was probably aliens. Then she said my name was in bold on her list and that must mean I'm special.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan D. said...

Deval won! Wow, from the Mitt-ster to Deval Patrict in one election cycle, huh? I don't know if the Iraq-withdrawal referendum passed, but I would have voted for it if it was on the ballot here in RI (I just *work* in Boston). I'm still waiting to see if the Dem's took back the House, and maybe even the Senate too. Now THAT would be something to see!

7:12 AM, November 08, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I think if you're in the heart of the city every day you count as one of its residents. I'm SO excited about Deval and I know the Iraq referendum went over BIG because W addressed it in a press conference he gave earlier today. God, I really love my country right now.

5:58 PM, November 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home