Tuesday, January 23, 2007

DORKUS

While I don’t know if I’ll make it through the whole speech I am watching the State of the Union and I, dork that I am, stood up and clapped when Nancy Pelosi tapped the gavel. She is the first female Speaker of the House EVER and as such it’s the first time there is a woman up front with POTUS and the veep during the State of the Union and that is a big deal. It makes me more proud than usual that I’m a woman and I like being a witness to this sort of history.

Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

And as much as I despise bush, it was sorta nice of him to recognize pelosi before he bagan speaking nonsense. Yay XX chromosomes!

11:27 AM, January 25, 2007

 
Blogger K said...

Yeah, that was totally cool to see - glad I got to watch it.

8:07 AM, January 27, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home