Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Knit One

Went to my first Stitch 'n Bitch session at Spark Craft Studios, women-owned and conveniently located basically up the street and around the corner from my apartment. L and my German friend joined me and then L came back to my place after where I ate a hamburger and we both had tea and dark chocolate.

I liked the S 'n B for the most part although there was a fair contingent of twentysomething sci fi radical womyn types there. It took almost all I had not to be like, sweetie, just live a few more years and it'll all seem much less important to you. The reason why it didn't take all I had is because I used to be a lot like those ladies.

Anyhoo. One gal was making some bitchin' fingerless gloves while another was sewing herself her own fancy piece of lingerie. I am working on scarf number two, having taken a break from scarf number one, which has generated a fair amount of laughter from friends. I haven't decided yet who to foist it upon when it's completed. It's going to be a lumpy, holey, misshapen mess, so whoever gets it has to love me a lot to want to wear it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I had to laugh at your comment on your fellow knitting womyn. I am going through the same thing with some 20-something artistic associates of my own right now. Oy!

The Spark website is beautiful!! Must be a pleasing environment in which to stitch. And bitch.

7:52 AM, January 18, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wear it! I will!

10:26 AM, January 18, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be honored to wrap your original, one-of-a-kind scarf around my necked, frosty (and likely damp)neck and nose flesh! I bet it smells of grandma.

1:17 PM, January 18, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home