Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tickle Me Elmo, or, The End is Near

So the little girl I babysit is learning to talk and she said my name last week for the first time. It was, well, pretty cool. She still cries when I show up at the door but she calms down maybe 10 seconds after her parents leave and then she tells me stuff. Here's an example:

"Mcpooooooooooollllllllaaaaaaaac, babblebabblebabblePooh!babblebahloongibberishbahloongibberishspohnbab."

I of course pretend to know exactly what she is saying.

She's also picked up one of my mannerisms -- to calm her down in our early babysitting times together I would pat her arm and tell her things would be OK. Tonight while we sat next to each other on the floor watching a video she said my name and then reached up and patted me. On the left breast. So I'm not sure what to do about that. I moved her hand to my shoulder but she went for the boob a second and a third time. And again with the patting. Any advice on how to correct this behavior?

In other wee one news, she got a Tickle Me Elmo TMX and I'll be goddamned if it just doesn't freak me out. It is very Terminator-esque, all furry Elmo shell over a robotic interior, along with the fact that It. Just. Won't. Stop. It rolls around on the floor, stands up, falls down again, hyperventilates, waves its arm around.

Yes, that's right, arm. As in singular. The other arm is this dead thing, stitched to the side of its body. It's like it had a stroke or something. It's Dick Clark!

Oh I am surely going to spend some time in purgatory for that one. But seriously, Tickle Me Elmo TMX is a scary, scary thing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tmx. you will enjoy this then...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4024457809967804989

wait until about halfway through.

11:08 PM, January 18, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

"It's Dick Clark!" I just spit-took Diet Coke all over my sweater.

2:01 AM, January 19, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need to see a picture of Tickle Me Elmo to get the full horror.

6:11 AM, January 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home