Monday, March 19, 2007

McPolack Movie Minute: The Departed

Watched this movie Saturday night with Dr. Moo while L worked on Moo's more, um, toned-down personal ad. It was fantastic. I was practically having heart palpitations watching it. I highly recommend it.

With one caveat: It is just SUPER violent. And by violent I mean that when you watch the Jack Nicholson character plug a young couple in the head in the very beginning and you see their brains spray out and you think, oh, Jesus, Martin, like I did, well, later in the movie, after you've mellowed out a bit and thought "I guess this movie wasn't as violent as I was afraid it would be" it gets more violent than you (or at least I) could have imagined. Honestly the first murder is just a warm-up. If I were you, I'd watch it with your eyes wide open if only to prepare them for the bits you'll see later while peering through your fingers.

OK, also, and I credit Dr. Moo for catching this: Jack Nicholson really hams it up a bit too much. He acts like he did when he was the Joker, or like when he was in The Shining, only not nearly as good as that flick. Ooo, lookout, he's crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

So. To sum up. Save the buckets of blood and brain matter that get sprayed all over the place like green slime on You Can't Do That on Television, and Jack Nicholson's overacting, The Departed is a really good movie and I think you should watch it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home