Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Finger Flickin' Good

Lately I've been writing five positive things from my day in a document I call "The Happy File." I'm doing it to turn around the stinker of a mood I've been in and also to combat my self-hatred. I'm trying to turn up the volume on the positivity.

Well today I included in that list "Gave two people who almost ran me over the finger and was OK with it."

In the past when I'm running and someone almost kills me I've given them the finger, or a dirty look, or smacked the car with my hand, and then afterwards felt like a bad person for letting them make me mad. At the same time, everyone who let me by got a smile and a wave and a thank you. I'm still operating under the same rules except for that I no longer feel like a heel when I flip someone the bird. Today I was on Brattle Street, home of the super-rich Cambridge Communists (hee hee) when one jackass almost ran me over. Well I gave him a dirty look and threw up my hands and when he didn't apologize, it was fingy time.

Then the lady in the car behind him had the gall to honk at me. What's that? You want a fingy of your own? Well here you go, sweetheart.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. It felt good to let them know my feelings and better still to let go of the guilt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Chew gum. The next time someone almost kills you, stick a wad of sticky stuff to the paint in their car. Instant goood karma for you, thinner-shopping excursion for them.

12:33 PM, April 11, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

Fuck yeah! What would Boston be without a little bird-flipping? Ya gotta just flip it an let it go.

1:07 AM, April 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home