Monday, December 17, 2007

It says something...

...when the highlight of your weekend, which included a holiday party featuring a bar made entirely out of ice, 20 different kinds of cheese, all you can eat sushi, and a dessert selection with nibbly bits like molded white chocolate sleighs filled with raspberry mousse and topped with a perfect ripe berry -- followed by a Sunday afternoon holiday party where I got the pick of the litter in the Yankee Swap -- that what I'm most excited about is the bootleg copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special given to me by my cousin B. Did you know Chewbacca had a family? Me neither! I don't know if I'll be able to make it through the whole thing as it is apparently atrocious but I am sure going to try.

4 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

aw, they had an ice bar?!

I've seen that special. It's pretty awful....

11:29 PM, December 17, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been searching for that special for years for my fiancee. it's been disavowed from the canon. what's your price for a copy?

cb

6:41 PM, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger K said...

It's horrible!!! I just borrowed it from someone at work. It is truly the worst piece of television I have ever seen. You honestly cannot believe how bad it is until you watch it - it's beyond words. My copy had the original commercials from the station it aired on, some station in Baltimore, and those were pretty cool, thought. One of them was for a candy bar called "Reggie" named after Reggie Jackson!

9:15 PM, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

o, it was going to be an even bigger ice bar but it was too expensive, if that makes you feel any better...cb, I e-mailed you the movie last night...k, I like your review! And I hope my copy has the reggie jackson bar ad in it.

1:04 PM, December 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home