Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Minimalist Cooks Loser Food

I became entranced with this recipe when it first appeared about a month or so ago. The oranges segments just look so pretty and I could picture myself eating them with creme fraiche and mint...delicious.

But who has two days in a row where they can spend a minimum of eight hours each tending to a pot on the stove?

I'll tell you who. Losers. People who have no lives whatsoever. I'm including myself in that group, at least for the moment. I went to the gym this morning; I'm waiting on some work to come in later today or tomorrow and don't have to next leave the house until 4 tomorrow to go to yoga. I have four fat gorgeous oranges in my crisper drawer and a nice heavy cast-iron saucepan. Which means I can stay home by myself for more than 24 hours and slowly make a simple fancy dessert normally only cooked by the idle rich.

And by losers.

(edit. note: I don't really think I'm a loser. I think I'm great. I think you're great, too!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... that looks SOOOO good! I may just have to try that... starting on a Friday evening and maybe trying half a batch cooked twice vs. the other half cooked three times. My l'il girl liked the idea of a recipe that turns oranges into candy, too!

7:37 PM, January 12, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

susan d. did your daughter like the end result? Mine came out pretty tasty.

7:40 AM, January 17, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home