Thursday, December 27, 2007

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn

Got back last night at around 6:30, unloaded the car, changed my clothes, made my bed, got Daphne-Moon all settled in and walked over to a friend's house in Cambridge for squash lentil soup, rotisserie chicken, and chewy bread with Mexican hot cocoa (ole!) and cookies for dessert. These friends are expecting their first child; I was pleased to present them with a copy of one of the greatest children's books ever written: The Stinky Cheese Man.

Anyhoo when I got home from dinner I was exhausted, bone-weary, really, and I've had a case of the sleepys today as well. I'm sure it's just holiday hangover; although it's been two years now since I've had a Christmas meltdown it's been replaced by a general sense of malaise, coupled with a couple of hours of crabbiness followed by depression. Which is not to say Christmas wasn't wonderful; it was. But it was also emotionally draining.

Anyhoo, I'm too pooped now to tell any fun tidbits, save this one: One of my favorite gifts (along with a super cute yoga outfit) is this wackadoo llama ornament given to me by McMumsy. The llama appears to be dancing on his tippytoes and looks like he's forgotten to take off his ball gag. Tra-la-la!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

OMG. Cracking up yet again.

Alternate title: The Silence of the Llamas.

6:02 AM, December 29, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home