Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh crap

Mouse crap, to be exact. Mouse crap on my kitchen counter, a decent sized-sprinkling, under my clean dishes. I noticed Daphne-Moon had been looking in an excited predatory way under the stove recently and I was hoping she'd keep Mr. Mouse-ums at bay but, well, given that she's only ever killed one-and-a-half mice. (I had to finish the job on the second rodent, which I did by putting it in an elevator that played muzaked-Coldplay songs. OK really I rolled it up in some paper towels, then in a plastic shopping bag, apologizing all the while, before STOMP! I squished it with my foot.)

So now I've got to do something about the mouse problem and my heart has shrunk to the point where I might just go for poison, as opposed to the hav-a-heart traps, but I'm worried D-Moon might eat it. Glue traps are out of the question, as are the snappy ones. I wish I could just write them a nice note and ask them to go but let's be honest, it's cold outside, and they don't speak English.

5 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

See what happens when you buy fancy cheese?

2:12 PM, December 19, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have-a heart them woman! I moved a whole famiy of mice that way - 2 miles from my house to a nice rich neighborhood :)

10:17 PM, December 19, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Stomp on the fucker.. survival of the fittest right? Just kidding.. I actually gasped when I read you had stomped it, although I totally believe that's the humane thing to do..but it also brought me back to my youth when we had to finish off a hamster that had been half killed by one of our cats..we took it outside, and dropped a brick on it. Can you say Jeffrey Dahmer?? Jeez..

12:08 PM, December 20, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I s'pose I can do the have a heart thing and leave the mice on Brattle Street. xianfern, I am all about the squishing of the smaller sufferers. I squished a bird once that was mauled by my aunt's dog. It's pretty much immediately deadly and I think it's merciful.

3:44 PM, December 20, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh eew! My husband (who is never around when these poor mice are left half mauled) has advised me also to use the underfoot method. How does it feel? Do you use heel or toes?

7:08 PM, June 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home