Thursday, December 20, 2007

Chivalry

During the second big snowstorm of the season, as I was crossing from the T station to Charles Street, in my big Bean boots through a river of wintry mix, I noticed a woman standing near me in high, expensive-looking heels. As I made my way through the muck, a fellow with an Italian accent started chatting up the lady in the fancy shoes. Then he picked her up in his arms and carried her across the street and through the slush.

The next day, as I was walking back from the gym, an elderly gentleman stopped and let me pass, and patted my arm as he did so, telling me to be careful. Then yesterday, I was a buck or so short buying PolackPappy his gift at the Army-Navy store at Downtown Crossing and the clerk told me not to worry about it.

Tis the season.

: )

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Wow...to be carried over a river of slush by a handsome Italian: I'm all feminist and shit but that would turn me all kinds of blush-and-flutter.

It would have to be a very strong Italian man, in which case I would be even more impressed!

Happy, happy Christmas, McDarling.
xo

6:12 AM, December 23, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Right back at you, teri, right back at you.
xoxox
mcp

9:57 AM, December 23, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home