Saturday, March 08, 2008

Damp

Well. I just took a bath and it's pouring out, which seems a bit like taking a sauna in Arizona in July but it just felt right. I like a good Saturday night bath. I feel like Laura Ingalls in the washtub, scrubbing behind her ears with gooey brown soap, washing the week away so she can start Sunday new.

Last night I had dinner with Carmen; it was good to go out, although I went for sushi at a place that's changed hands thinking it would be cheap and delicious. It ended up being expensive and just OK. I blanched a lot at the 30 bucks I shelled out but I would have spent that on gas driving to visit Dr. Moo, and it was good to go out on a Friday night instead of sitting at home with a fried egg sandwich and my kitty. Which would be what I'm doing tonight.

In other McPolack news, I'm all itchy again to do something new, to burst forth from my chrysalis. I want to let this little light of mine shine.

Anyhoo, I've got a date with God tomorrow morning at 9. And also with Amelia and wee Daisy. I kind of don't mind springing forward a bit earlier this year; winter's been so dreary and I'm ready for rebirth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home