Wednesday, April 01, 2009

20 mules

I bought a big box of Borax recently and have started using it around the house, partly because toxic cleaners scare me, and partly because I have romantic visions of being a housewife in the 1920s wearing an apron and scrubbing the kitchen floor.

I also use vinegar, baking soda, and occasionally lemon to clean things. One of my favorite things to do (well favorite when it comes to household chores) is to unclog the bathroom sink with baking soda and vinegar. First you get the mini-volcano -- exciting! Then you pour boiling water down and listen to it gurgle. Finally you plug up the drain hole at the top with TP, get out your plunger, and plunge that mutha until the big ball-o-goo breaks up and shoots globs of weirdness out and the schwooooooooook! It all goes shooting down the drain.

There is something to be said for Drano, though. I just tried for the third time to fix the bathroom sink, but it's still running slow. I almost had it last night but Bethanny was about to get into it with Kelly on the Real Housewives of New York so I had to go.

G-d damn my life is exciting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Joe said...

Hey, Google "borax slime" if you want some fun. We make it here every few months.

You would love it. You can blow a giant bubble with it using a straw and it farts when it deflates.

:)

9:06 PM, April 01, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Oo, neat!

6:07 PM, April 02, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home