Monday, July 20, 2009

If I were an eccentric billionaire...

...I would SO get myself a pet capybara. I am currently obsessed with this site but the real gold is on the YouTube channel. Watch the "Caplin ROUS swims" video all the way through; trust me, you won't be disappointed. OK, maybe you will be disappointed, but only if you aren't a fan of ROUSes.

In other McPolack news, I need to take it down a notch. I've been working myself into a lather over my latest freelance gig, which involves some medical-type writing. I feel a little in over my head and then I worry I'm making mistakes, or appearing under-confident, and I thinkandworryandthinkandworry and allofasudden I hate myself. Or at least think I'm a loser who is behaving like a 22-year-old when it comes to reality. And think that other people I know, whose lives appear more "normal," whatever that is, think I'm some sort of spongy, flaky twit who needs to grow up. I look back at my past and see only mistakes, no growth. I think I've fooled yet another intelligent group of people into thinking I am somehow intelligent when, in fact, see above, starting with "I'm a loser."

I don't like feeling this way and I want it to stop. So I'm going to, as McMumsy advised, take it down a notch. As in, stop worrying so much. I went to yoga on Sunday and I'm going again tomorrow. I'm going to meditate, and pray. And I'm going to get all Stuart Smalley because, man, it may seem silly, but that sh*t works.

I love meself.
:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Thursday said...

Don't underestimate yourself McPolack. You're doing far, far better than I've ever done and I think I've got a decade on you.

3:44 PM, July 21, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, Thursday. And right back at you: don't you underestimate yourself, either. I find you to be quite impressive.

7:50 PM, July 21, 2009

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

You got it going on. Sometimes our inner Junior High student sneaks up on us and makes us lose touch with our present reality.

4:38 PM, July 25, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home