Monday, June 21, 2010

Smaht

I really enjoy, on many levels, working at the large-n-fancy university. For one thing, the person for whom I work praises me. Having grown up in a household where praise was the absence of criticism, and being the sort of girl who naturally needs more praise than the average person (this would be because of my ADD, and was one of many revelations that made me dislike myself much, much less)-well, I like hearing when I'm doing a good job. I like it so much. I like that I can give myself permission to like it.

Anyhoo. One other benefit of the position is the chance to chat every so often with incredibly intelligent, inquisitive people about all manner of things. I had forgotten about the excitement for learning part of college. It is so wonderful.

In other McPolack news, I have also been feeling like crap, mentally. I'm very sad. It comes and goes. I'm processing, I think.

I like that I have a lot of people in my life who stick around through it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Thursday said...

You and me both, let's hold hands through this crapness.

3:57 PM, June 22, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Let's do. : ) Onward through the crapness!

9:42 PM, June 22, 2010

 
Blogger KW13 said...

Sorry to hear you feel like crap! Sending you lots of good vibes via cyberspace. You are wonderful and I miss you lots!

1:28 PM, June 26, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci, kw!

-McP

10:17 AM, July 07, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci, KW!

-McP

10:18 AM, July 07, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home