Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eek

It's cement truck day here at my place; they're pouring the floor for the basement apartment. This meant I had to move my car a little after 7 in the morning. I ended up scraping my car against some bushes a few times while trying to back it out of the driveway, then banged it against a curb while parking it on the street. Then I discovered I'd locked myself out of the apartment. Luckily I was able to jimmy a window. The contractor offered to climb in from the fire escape, and I accepted.

The cement truck came complete with a bevy of scary-looking shirtless men who, when I returned from the gym, were standing around watching the truck spit rocks and water out its backside onto the driveway.

2 Comments:

Blogger KW13 said...

Where there's construction, there's always a few men standing around, looking at the machines and other men at work. At Geneva's main train station, there's always a big audience of men of all ages just standing around, pointing and grunting around construction sites. I find it amusing.

5:38 PM, July 28, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Have you ever tried grunting at them? Maybe there's a secret construction man language.

6:30 PM, August 02, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home