Wednesday, August 04, 2010

prune FAIL

Tomorrow is August 5th, which also happens to be the sell-by date on the giant bag of prunes PolackPappy bought me. There's a good 30 ounces of sticky brown goodness left in the 50-ounce bag. I think I should not have put the bag in the crisper drawer, buried behind lemons and limes. Out of sight, out of mind.

I wanted to make Pp proud of my eating habits, the way I wasn't able to do back when I was a vegetarian and he said I was too pale and needed to eat raw liver.

I did freeze part of yesterday's muffin, and ate three prunes in its place. Then when I was leaving the grocery store this morning, post-gym, with some on-sale raspberries, my tummy went all gurgly-murgly. Uh-oh, I thought to myself.

Just now I shoved four more prunes in my pie-hole. I'm hiking Moosilauke on Friday with a friend; perhaps I can convince her to join me in pruning our way up and down.

I wonder if it's possible to build up a tolerance.

2 Comments:

Blogger KW13 said...

Yes, I think it's possible. Proof: me. I snack on 5-10 dried prunes everyday. I like the taste and I'm as regular as can be!

3:53 PM, August 11, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

You're going to love the story I just e-mailed you, my pruney friend.

6:59 PM, August 16, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home