Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Updates

First, the ass cream: It did seem to make my skin a wee bit tighter but it gave me (TMI!) pimples in a special place and did nothing for the flabba-labba. I wouldn't buy it again but I am going to use up the bottle.

Second, the job front: They couldn't figure out what they wanted me to do last week and so I had to leave in the middle of the day. I was told to call yesterday afternoon, which I did, to find out when to come back. My call has not been returned. There is another job possiblity, a writing one, at the same firm, and I put my resume in and sent samples, but the pay is terrible -- not an amount I could live on and less than what I make copyediting. When I sent my samples I told the hiring manage, who I had a previous relationship with, that I really needed a certain dollar amount and gave my reasons why. It feels like they're trying to Craig's-List me, which is when people try to get talented employees for far, far faaaaaaaaaaaar less than they are worth. I was on the CL today and one company had the balls to offer 2 to 7 dollars a piece for writing and they acted in their ad like this was good money and they were only going to take people with serious experience. Grrr!

I am really starting to get frustrated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stani von Zinn said...

...Pretty much any webalog entry that begins, 'First, the ass cream,' is bound to end in failure. Because if you start at the ass end, then where is there to go? Sorry, man.

2:20 AM, December 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home