Sunday, November 12, 2006

Relaxing (?) Sunday

One of my favorite places to be on a Sunday afternoon is in my kitchen, with the radio on, busy at something. Usually it's cooking. Today, since I'm going out for Afghani food (after a shopping trip to the Southie Goodwill, which has great books and dishes), I'm cleaning instead of cooking. Now I am in there cleaning like I have never cleaned before. I have not, for example, ever emptied the crumb tray off the toaster or cleaned the fridge handles, which are, um, grey with goo. And I haven't cleaned the sink out in probably six months. I suppose you could say my kitchen was pretty filthy, although the spots I do food prep on are always sanitary.

Anyhoo, I seem to be turning into Dr. Moo, who spent several hours cleaning out her (tiny) bathroom, because she can't just wipe down the sink and scrub the toilet. She has to do the whole thing. Since I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing, I'm going to go with cleanliness is next to godliness and choose the former.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home