Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well I picked up the Ritalin...

...which is apparently a controlled substance. "It has a street value!" said the (um, handsome, tall, Harvard instructor, married) doctor who prescribed it to me earlier this afternoon. I am going to start taking it on Friday as I am working from home that day.

Unfortunately, SONS of BITCHES, I also got a parking ticket, which I am appealing, because I paid for 1/2 an hour of parking (you have to pay to park in the Brooks Pharmacy parking lot here) and was told it would be a 20 minute wait for my prescription. I was THREE MINUTES late getting back to my car and caught the meter man as he was just leaving. It made me want to cry. They're not getting my 20 dollars, no sirree, especially not after I just paid just under a hundred for my prescription.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hundred dollars for a prescription? Christ, I thought our charges were bad!

4:37 AM, November 09, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

The beautiful (cough) thing about the U.S. is that when you don't have health insurance you pay more to make up for the money businesses lose for the low prices those with health insurance get to pay for meds.

7:13 AM, November 09, 2006

 
Blogger Regina said...

I thought ritalin was supposed to be cheapest ADD option. Crap.

From one uninsured to another, I just found out why my doctor looks at me sideways when I'm the one to initiate questions about ADD, depression and anxiety meds (the latter only when I fly, on planes that is). It seems that most of the folks fitting that drug seeker profile? Well yeah... they've got no health insurance. Apparently no insurance is a big flag for Doctors and will prompt them to lock up that medicine cabinet, stat.

Sigh!

4:11 AM, November 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home