Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Mama Drama

I got back from my fabulous mall visit with ctale to find my downstairs neighbor in a tizzy. Turns out the crows I'd heard squawking nonstop earlier (and were still squawking, hours later) were doing so because there was a nestling crow on the ground by the porch, crying.

I went online and was able to determine the baby was really more nestling than fledgling -- which meant it probably wasn't in the stage when it should be out of the nest -- and did what the site recommended when you can't put the baby back in the nest, which is take a basket and put leaves and twigs in it, put the baby in the basket, and tie it to the branches of a tree.

I understand the laws of nature but I feel for my neighbor. She was home all day listening to the little fellow cry, and his parents squawk. I feel for the baby, too. Flies were landing on him when I got to him, big ones. Poor little thing.

Anyways, at least he's up off the ground now and fairly well nestled in; if he ends up dying it will hopefully be more peaceful there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor poor birdie :(
I'm sorry I didn't do a dance for you this time. Next time. I promise! thanks for spending the day with me...and guess what, I didn't end up buying one damn thing :(

8:40 PM, May 22, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I am sorry you didn't find anything to purchase! On the dancing front, well, sista, you're just going to have to go twice as hard at your wedding.

10:29 AM, May 23, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home