Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ode to a mellowcreme pumpkin

You are orange and green
You taste like a dream
And you are manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, sunflower seeds, milk, soy, and wheat

You herald the fall
From the special Halloween candy aisle I hear your call
You contain Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed and/or Soybean Oil, which adds a dietarily insignificant amount of fat

Oh, sweet, sweet mellowcreme pumpkin...let's get together tonight in front of the Gilmore Girls
Where I will feast upon you until I very nearly hurl
They don't put nearly enough of you in the Brach's Autumn Mix.

Amen

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

OMG that is hilarious! I had to post it on my blog (with due credit, of course!)
I never liked those things - I always went for the candy corn. But this is a good excuse to buy a bag of Autumn Mix and give them another try! Any candy that gets an ode written to it deserves a second chance!

7:29 PM, September 20, 2005

 
Blogger Candy Yum Yum said...

This is fantastic. I posted it on my blog. (Hope that's okay!)

2:09 PM, October 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tip my hat to you, sir.

3:34 PM, November 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home