Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brooks Pharmacy

Aunt Flo is coming soon which explains why this is pissing me off more than usual, but Brooks Pharmacy only gave me half the amount of Ritalin they were supposed to and when I went in today to talk to the pharmacy tech she said there was nothing she could do about it. She insisted that "Oh, I know the person who counted those" and basically acted like I was trying to get free narcotics.

And the thing is what can I really do? I am calling the manager of the pharmacy tomorrow. But if I get mad it just looks like I'm a druggie. And let's just add that I once had an eating disorder and these are appetite suppresants AND I'm an admitted alcoholic which means if I call the Hallowell Center and explain it to them they might think I'm displaying drug-seeking behavior.

In the meantime someone at that pharmacy either miscounted or (and I think this is more likely) stole prescription medication from an uninsured woman who makes 10 dollars an hour.

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Dude, that SUX. Talk about a no-win situation...

10:35 PM, March 21, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McPolack, these are prescribed drugs which you're entitled to and have a need for. You have every right to pursue this.

5:08 AM, March 22, 2007

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

I agree. Don't let them put their mistake on you. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

12:06 PM, March 22, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thank you for the support, chicas! I spoke with the pharmacist this morning who said the tech shouldn't have said what she did to me. She did a recount and found they had 30 extra pills. Which I just picked up. So I overreacted with my stealing comment but I did still feel mistreated and I won't be going back to that pharmacy.

12:37 PM, March 22, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

Awesome!!

6:03 PM, March 22, 2007

 
Blogger K said...

Awesome! And I think it's perfectly reasonable to have thought they might have been stolen. You KNOW there are unscrupulous pharmacists who skim from their stock and sell on the black market.

5:58 PM, March 23, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the next time you get a refill, dump it out on the counter and count it in front of them.

9:42 AM, March 25, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home